LinkedIn is a great source, if you dont already know, to track jobs (by the way, for arts-related jobs, NYFA is an excellent resource). I just thought I’d pass on a few that I just saw today–check them out.
For Photoshop experts, this sounds ideal: working for Google.
Photoshop Designer, Commerce – New York
Google – New York – New York (Greater New York City Area)
This position is based in New York, NY.
The area: Business Operations and Strategy, CommerceThe Commerce Merchant Solutions team plays a critical operation role in executing and running Google’s new Commerce related businesses. We work in tandem with Sales and Product Management to provide an excellent experience for our merchant partners. Our culture mirrors that of a small start-up as we’re working to create and scale Google’s next billion dollar businesses. We are a group of high-performing, like-minded team players that thrive on individual autonomy, product mastery and operational excellence.
The role: Photoshop Designer, CommerceThe role of Designer is an essential part of our Editorial and Account Management process. You will play an integral role in ensuring each business is portrayed in a compelling and accurate way that drives purchase and maintains our standards for high quality. You will be responsible for creating images for each Google Offer. This will entail incorporating photos supplied by businesses, sourcing appropriate imagery, ensuring the image complements the editorial and meets the Google guidelines, as well as resizing, retouching or cropping the image. This role works closely with the Editors, as well as the Account Managers and Market Managers.
- Incorporate photos supplied by businesses, sourcing appropriate imagery
- Adhere to legal and policy checklists
- Create compelling visuals that drive purchase behavior
- Ensure the image complements the editorial and meets the Google guidelines
- BA degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years of professional experience in Photoshop with a strong protfolio
- Experience preferably at agencies or with agency interaction.
- Excellent business acumen, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills – with experience interacting with senior-level executives.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills to manage multiple creative projects at the same time.
- Familiarity with Picasa, Getty Images, and other stock photography sites preferred.
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
- September 27, 2011
- Not Applicable
- Information Services, Internet
- Job ID:
Assistant/Associate Photo Editor
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1968049&srchIndex=28&trk=njsrch_hits&goback=%2Efjs_photography_*1_*1_I_us_10003_50_2_R_true_*1_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2Rodale – Greater New York City Area
Men’s Health magazine is seeking a dynamic, hands-on Assistant/Associate Photo Editor with experience in magazine publishing. This role will work alongside our top notch Art, Photo and Editorial departments. We are seeking a problem-solver with strong organizational skills and a teamwork mentality.
– Performing proactive photo research for the front of the book sections as well as feature stories – Negotiating assignment/stock rates and usage rights – Photo production assistance-helping set up elements of photo shoots (helping scout/procure locations, assist with castings, stylist, hair+makeup, wardrobe, props) – Organizing and maintaining Photo Archive – Acting as support for photo editors in the department
– A minimum of one year experience in magazine publishing – Excellent communication and organizational skills – Knowledge of digital photography and image formats – Ability to work under deadline on multiple projects – Ability to work fluidly with photo, art, editorial and production staff – Ability to take direction and to learn systems quickly and adeptly
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Rodale is the authoritative source for trusted content in health, fitness, and wellness around the world. Rodale reaches more than 70 million people around the world through its category-leading media properties, trade books, subscription online properties and integrated marketing solutions. The company is also a leader in direct response marketing and has more than 26 million active customers in its database. Rodale publishes some of the best-known health and wellness lifestyle magazines, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Running Times, Organic Gardening, and Mountain Bike.
- September 13, 2011
- Job ID:
Hello I’m Rosen from Sofia-Bulgaria and i wont trie to work in you compani as a Photoshop designer, so if my offer is nteresting for you please send me message and after that ill send you my portfolio.
Thanks and have a nice day !
Comments are closed.